- Business Law
- Commercial Real Estate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Commercial Law
- Banking & Venture Capital
As partner in the firm’s Business Law and Commercial Real Estate Groups, my law practice focuses on business transactions and legal matters across a broad range of commerce and industries in Alberta. I advise and conduct commercial and residential real property matters including structuring, development and leasing and the banking and finance matters that often accompany such transactions.
In my practice, I place a high standard on client service and strive for meaningful relationships. My focus is always on providing the right answers when they are needed to the people who seek my advice and services. It’s extraordinarily fulfilling to be entrusted as an advisor to clients at any stage of their success.
- University of Calgary, 2003, Bachelor of Laws
Call to the Bar
- 2004, Law Society of Alberta
- Serial and large scale commercial real estate transactions, spanning multiple provinces.
- Acquisitions and financings for a large agricultural and transport dealer, helping them grow nationally and strategically. Oversaw the financing of multiple dealerships, locations and land acquisitions.
- Aiding business owners and professionals in business combinations, structuring, and commercial contracts.
- Structuring and debt financing for agricultural, farm and processing facilities.
- Succession guidance and transactions for legacy clients and business owners, helping them to transition businesses built over a lifetime to the next generation.
- Collaborating daily with our tax & estate planning group in the conduct of the sale of businesses, professional corporations, and complex planning transactions.
- Providing practical and timely legal advice to individuals, groups, private and public companies and partnerships on letters of intent, service agreements, supply and manufacturing contracts, shareholder agreements, real property and business acquisitions, divestitures, lender and debtor financing, leasing, unconventional financing and defeasance transactions.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Counsel Member, Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch
- Law Matters Editorial Committee, Member and Contributor, Canadian Bar Association, Alberta Branch
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Chair, Shea Nerland LLP Student Hiring Committee